Our Grand Depart will take place from RAF Scampton, where we will head off on our first day’s adventure towards Hull. After our departure we will follow gentle undulations through the Lincolnshire countryside before crossing the Humber Bridge. On arrival in Hull, we will enjoy a meal before embarking on the overnight ferry to Rotterdam.
The second day sees us set off bright and early on our biggest day of the trip – 92 miles from Rotterdam to Uden. Using dutch cycleways we will make our way through towns and villages before crossing the intersecting waterways to have lunch in Lage Zwaluwe. Working out way across the flats of Holland we finish the day in Uden
Day 3 will see us crossing the border into Germany, where we will spend the night in Wesel. Continuing on the dutch cycleways in the morning we enter Germany leaving the flats of Holland behind.
Rolling through the countryside on both cycleways and roads the terrain changes to small hills as we reach Dortmund on day 4. With tired legs we complete the final day of our cycling challenge through undulating terrain with beautiful views towards a spectacular finish at the Mohne Dam.
We return to the UK from Dusseldorf airport
- Four-and-a-half days of professionally supported road cycling
- Four nights’ accommodation in a clean, comfortable hotel or on a ferry
- Three meals a day plus stops for snacks
- Coffee/tea and cake at designated stops
- Support vehicle to transport luggage
- Back-up vehicles to provide medical help or any assistance needed
- A digital map for mobile navigation as well as customised waterproof maps
- Bespoke, high quality breathable cycling shirts and a cap for use on the trip
- Daily fresh fruit and water
- Riders will need to make their own way back after the ride is complete